In this workshop we will show you all the basics of carving & printing linoleum. We will walk you through the process from sketching your design to inking and printing the block. You will walk away with 5 copies of your printed card or small print along with your original carving to reprint whenever you like!
1. Sketch out a design to be carved.
2. Copy the design onto tracing paper in order to flip it and get the mirror image.
3. Transfer the design to the linoleum using carbon paper.
4. Carve out your design using the provided tools.
5. Mix your ink and roll it on to your carving.
6. Hand press the carving onto the paper and reveal!
This workshop will last about 2 hours and costs $20 per person. Up to 6 people can participate at a time.
Our typesetting workshop is all about the basics and we try to keep it as simple and easy to understand as possible. In this in-depth class, we walk you through all of the steps of making a letterpress poster - and you get to walk away with 10 copies of it!
1. Pick a short phrase, meaningful quote, or any other text under 30 words to print on their poster. The poster will be an area up to 12x18"
2. Plan out your design and sketch out a layout for your poster.
3. Pick the type. Choose from our collection of wood and metal type to bring your design to life! Size, typeface, and the mix of fonts is up to you.
4. Makeready the press. Set the type and put everything in place to begin printing your poster.
5. Choose the ink color and mix the ink.
6. Run the press and print your posters! We will be using our Vandercook press for this workshop which is over 50 years old
Each workshop lasts about 3 to 4 hours and costs $100 per person. 1-3 people per workshop.
Our Typsetting 101 Workshop is only available on days when the shop is closed - Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays - and because of the limited space they are by appointment only. If you are interested in booking a workshop, please email email@example.com to learn which dates are available.
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.