Our beginner's workshop is all about the basics and we try to keep it as simple and easy to understand as possible. In this first level class, we walk you through all of the steps of making a letterpress poster - and you get to walk away with 10 copies of it!
1. Pick a short phrase, meaningful quote, or any other text under 30 words to print on their poster. The poster will be an area up to 12x18"
2. Plan out your design and sketch out a layout for your poster.
3. Pick the type. Choose from our collection of wood and metal type to bring your design to life! Size, typeface, and the mix of fonts is up to you.
4. Makeready the press. Set the type and put everything in place to begin printing your poster.
5. Choose the ink color and mix the ink.
6. Run the press and print your posters! We will be using our Vandercook press for this workshop which is over 50 years old
Each workshop lasts about 3 to 4 hours and costs $100 per person.
Sunday, March 24th @ 2:00PM - SOLD OUT
Sunday, April 14th @ 2:00PM - SOLD OUT
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.